I have said this before, but I have breakfast issues.
Adapted from I am Grateful
- 1-2 young coconuts
- 2 cups fresh coconut milk
- ¾ cup macadamia nuts
- 6-8 organic strawberries
- 1 apple, cored and roughly chopped
- ½ of a vanilla bean, split and scraped of its seeds or ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- tiny pinch celtic or himalayan sea salt
- Using a sharp cleaver, cut a 2-inch opening in the top of your coconut. Pass the coconut water through a fine mesh strainer directly into the jar of a blender. (This will catch any bits of floating shell.) Cut the coconut through the middle with the cleaver and scoop out the meat with a spoon, checking for hard pieces of shell and removing them. Place the meat into the blender with the coconut water and blend until very smooth.
- Combine all ingredients in the jar of a blender and blend until desired consistency forms. Blend until smooth for a yogurt-like consistency or pulse for a more textured one.
- Garnish with chopped macadamia nuts and sliced strawberries.